Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Another Republican unhappy with Walker and Fitzgerald - Ouch!!


Today I received the following letter from a local woman who indicated that she was feeling like the only Republican who is unhappy with Governor Walker or Senator Fitzgerald.   I have been asked to share her letter in hopes of encouraging other Republicans to come forward and share their story.  I would appreciate hearing from those of you with stories about your Republicans friends having buyer’s remorse over their prior support towards Governor Walker or Senator Fitzgerald.


Gary

 ___________________________________________________________________________________



“I MADE A HUGE MISTAKE & I apologize for my mistake. I voted for Scott Walker and Scott Fitzgerald. I regret that decision every day since they took office.

Scott Walker lied to everyone for his votes. He stated that he would negotiate with unions a couple of weeks before he was elected (there is video proof of that statement). He never said he would take away collective bargaining rights and he admitted that by removing collective bargaining rights it saved no money and had no effect on the budget process. It was just a power grab.

Collective bargaining assures everyone, non-union and union alike, of safe working conditions and responsible work hours. And before anyone accuses me of being something I’m not, I am not a union worker or a teacher. I am a citizen who voted republican for many years and the Republican Party has let me down. The Republican Party is not the party it used to be. It no longer represents my views.

As a woman, I am especially upset with the Republican Party’s attack on women’s and single parent rights. The Republican Party forgets that women still have the right to vote. Scott Walker promised 250,000 jobs, but we are far from attaining that. Wisconsin led the nation for many months in job losses. He’s given millions of dollars to companies to buy a minimal number of jobs which are not even assured of being there in the future.

In the State of Wisconsin, especially, the Republican Party has shown me how dishonest, unethical, secretive, and arrogant they have become all for the sake of power. I hope other Republicans who feel the way I do stand up and vote for a cleaner Wisconsin government. A government where both sides of the aisle will work together and not ram things through just because they think they can.

Now, for Scott Fitzgerald. He doesn’t care about his constituents. He cares about doing whatever the Republican Party wants him to do. He’s violated open meeting law, had secret meetings, had other Republican lawmakers sign secrecy agreements and even had his legislative aides, using private email accounts, working out of a Madison law firm who he hired to represent the Wisconsin Senate and which you and I as taxpayers paid those legal fees but yet, did you feel that you got your monies’ worth there?
They gerrymandered the 13th Senate District, and other districts, in those secret meetings and when that goes into effect most of us won’t even be represented by the person we voted for. Secret emails, closed door meetings and now running fake Democrats in primary races (AGAIN). Were not these the same people who complained how the recalls were going to cost the taxpayers of Wisconsin so much money but yet here they are adding up the cost by running fake Democrats and forcing primaries.
Gary Ellerman (http://dailyunion.com/main.asp?SectionID=36&SubSectionID=110&ArticleID=11180) of the Walker Walkers is one such fake democrat candidate who is going to run against Lori Compas in the primary. They are doing this to create confusion and to dirty the clean election process that we have always had in Wisconsin. My vote will be going to Lori Compas. Lori has shown me what standing up for what you believe in means. Lori has the courage to go up against a career politician and bring Wisconsin back to clean and transparent government. Lori will work with both sides of the aisle to accomplish great things for Wisconsin. Lori has real concern for the people of this district. Lori is honest and trustworthy, qualities which Scott Fitzgerald truly lacks.
Please return Wisconsin to the great state it once was. Let’s vote to rid Wisconsin of this toxic atmosphere that the current administration of Wisconsin has created. The behaviors of Scott Walker and Scott Fitzgerald are not what Wisconsin is about. Vote with your heart and what you feel is right and not just because you have always voted one way or the other.
I know I have changed for the better and this second time around, I will get my vote right this time and you guessed it, it will NOT be for Scott Walker or Scott Fitzgerald.”
Sincerely,

LB

No comments:

Post a Comment