Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Republican constituent challenges Senator Fitzgerald to a public debate!!

Below is a copy of the email that I sent to my senator tonight. I will keep you posted on his response, but do not hold your breath on anything soon.

While I would truly relish the opportunity to have this public debate with the senator, I am not hopeful that he will attempt to stand behind his claims of wanting to run on his track record for the recall election.  Either way, the gantlet has been dropped and only time will tell how this story ends.

In the meantime, my question to all of you is simple:

What message will it send to you if the senator does not accept my challenge for a public debate, or if he chooses not to even reply to the challenge?

Sincerely,


Gary

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________


Senator Fitzgerald,
I have read statements by yourself in the media lately, talking about your strong desire to successfully weather the recall election against you based upon your political track record. 
In short, I believe that your political track record of late, begs to be constructively cross examined and civilly discussed in a public forum.  If your demonstrated political actions are as sound as you claim them to be, then openly sharing details of your track record would almost certainly be of great value to both the recall election and to the voting taxpayers who will soon determine your fate in office. 
Therefore I as a taxpaying constituent and former supporter of yours want to challenge you to a public debate on defending your political track record.  Given that you have seventeen years in political office and I have zero, you clearly have a distinct upper hand in this matter.  With that in mind, is there any reason to believe that you would not want to take advantage of my offer as a seemingly assured means of bolstering your public support by having a civil debate that enables you to get your message out to a district wide, (if not statewide) audience?
I truly believe that you are not being entirely truthful, or appropriately transparent with us as your constituents, and that your actions in office appear to be intentionally deceitful.  I could very well be wrong, but I do not believe that I am and therefore willing to put myself at risk of public embarrassment to participate in such a live public debate with you.
We could perform the debate on “Up front” with Mike Gousha, or something of equivalence.  We could even have the debate in front of a live audience at a town hall of your choosing within the Senate District.
I look forward to your response, in which I do consider a non-response to still be a response that will potentially send a rather interesting, (if not profound) message for the voters to pounder before your recall election.
Sincerely,

Gary

No comments:

Post a Comment