Thursday, May 24, 2012

Senator Fitzgerald enthusiastic about “ruffling feathers” and pushing ALEC agendas?

For those of you who found Governor Walker’s “Divide & Conquer” pitch to Beloit billionaire Diane Hendricks’s to be interesting, I would be curios to see how you feel about this attached video with Senator Scott Fitzgerald?
In this December 2010 interview, Senator Scott Fitzgerald talks about the recent American Legislative Exchange Council (ALEC) meeting that he attended and the support towards pushing “Right-to-Work” legislation.  Even more concerning are his comments about “ruffling feathers.”

Governor Walker can attempt to downplay his true position on right-to-work with as much spin and deflection as he can possibly muster, but in the end it will be the voters who will decide whether they believe him or not.  Personally I believe that Senator Fitzgerald’s remarks in the video help to affirm my claims that Governor Walker and the GOP are deeply committed to a plan for even more ALEC driven legislative changes that go well beyond the sampling that they have offered to date.  While I would love to be dead wrong about this claim, I sadly do not believe that I am. 

For those who feel that I am attempting to instill fear thorough a falling-sky conspiracy in hopes of garnering more votes against the governor and the senator on June 5th, I challenge you to explain the meaning behind the senator’s remarks in the video.  Then I would love to know if you are truly interested in being part of a Wisconsin that could potentially become even more divided than it has already become over the past fifteen months. 

For me, we have already become far too extreme under these guys, and I am telling you that as a Republican.

Sincerely,


Gary
_______________________________________________________________________________


Fitzgerald Inc. Reveals GOP Plans for a "Right to Work" Wisconsin

"Listen we have new majorities, if you talk to the members of the House of the Representatives and the way they view the world right now, the more feathers you ruffle right now the stronger you are going to be politically. I don't ever remember an environment where that existed before. It was always go along, get along. A little on the edges, yeah we would take a few shots here and there at some political enemies, but in the end we all just want to be on the same page. That just doesn't exist right now. I've never seen that before, it gives us a lot of leeway and a lot of chain to make some significant changes."

No comments:

Post a Comment