Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Why can’t guys like Senator Fitzgerald just be open and honest with us?

This might not seem like a big deal to some of you, but I find it rather interesting that NONE of the three incumbents of the four WI Senate re-call election races made their campaign fund figures available to the public.  Ironically all three are from the same party. 

What message does this send regarding open and transparent government?  It seems to fit with many other demonstrated actions by the GOP, such as the infamous “secrecy documents” of the redistricting maps.  And these guys wonder why they are being re-called.
I expect more from my legislators than what I am seeing here, especially from my senator (Scott Fitzgerald). 
Sincerely,

Gary
_____________________________________________________________________________


Candidates in Senate recall races reveal fundraising amounts

3 comments:

  1. Just discovered your blog - informative. I've left the Republican party. Seems its actions are no longer consistent with its ideology. Can I be so disrespectfully bold as to ask how will you reconcile your opinions of current WI situations in the voting box on Tuesday?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am happy that you found my blog site and pleased that you shared your comments. I am almost certain that my speaking out against the state of affairs with the current GOP in WI will deem me as being less than fit to be a “true” Republican by some. But I am here to protect a larger cause than trying to please everyone.

    I am simply disappointed in the extremism of the party with no seeming end in sight on just how far to the right some are hell bent on taking it. That and wining at all costs does not align with my ideology. But rather than abandon my party, I am interested in actively pushing back on those that are attempting to hi-jack the party and democracy in our great state. Without question, Governor Walker and Senator Fitzgerald are demonstrating that they are not good for the party or our state.

    Therefore on June 5th I will being voting for Tom Barrett and Lori Compas because doing so allows me to vote against the two most extreme politicians in the state. Some may argue that crossing over does not make me a Republican. But I am willing to use a tourniquet if it means saving a life. I can always vote Republican in the future if and when the party comes back around.

    Thanks for affirming that I am not the only Republican unhappy with the party.

    Gary

    ReplyDelete
  3. I applaud both of you. I grew up in Republican family. Now granted I haven't voted Republican in a long time, yet I can say without hesitation that I will vote for the first Eisenhower Republican who dares to show his face. We are living in some very important times. On Wednesday, the fight to restore and maintain honest, clean, transparent, and rational government will continue ... it has always been the Wisconsin Way!

    ReplyDelete